Followers

Friday, December 28, 2012

Lighthouse SFF122812

Good Morning, I'm always in need of birthday cards and realized my stash is pretty empty right now. Especially in the male department so my challenges will all be birthday cards for awhile.

Here is the card I created this morning for Sketch Frenzy Friday (SFF122812) After seeing this photo I realize that I need to readjust the ribbon. I don't like how funny the left side looks.

 
 
My lighthouse stamp is from Loralie Art Stamps (Fair Sea) I used copics E44 on the door and top, C1 & C3 to create shadows on the walls, BG10 & BG000 to create the glow around the light house.  Red copics always give me issues bleeding on my images so today I tried something new and I really like how it turned out. I used my new cherry cobbler stamp pad and an aqua brush to color in the roof.
 
Ribbon is pool party 1/2" seam binding, button (replacing the sun) is a vintage button handed down to me from my grandmother, paper is from the festival of prints paper stack and left over cherry cobbler pieces from another project.
 
Here's a photo of the sketch, please hop over to Sketch Frenzy Friday blog and see what the wonderful dt has created. Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card.


11 comments:

  1. Love this image! And the colors are so pretty! The button works perfect to replace the sun!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute card, I love the lighthouse and you have colored it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute card, I love the lighthouse and you have colored it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card--Love the button as the sun!! Thanks for joining us at SFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the lighthouse and how you colored the image. The button for the sun is a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at SFF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! I like how you separated the two red pieces of cs and then matted your light house focal image. Very Creative! Thanks for stopping by SFF I can't wait to see what you come up with for next weeks sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great image! Great job on your coloring. Love how you split the back panel of the image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at SFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great image and your coloring is fabulous. Love how you split the red layer behind the image. Thanks for playing along with us at SFF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful job you did on coloring the light house. I think you did a fabulous job with the shading, something I struggle with.
    Thank you for playing along with us over @ SFF.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute-perfect use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy! You got me with the lighthouse! I love them! Thanks for playing with us at SFF

    ReplyDelete