Followers

Friday, May 6, 2016

Cake Walk

Our school just finished a fun filled evening hosting a carnival fundraiser. My feet are throbbing as I type this blog post. I've been on my feet for 14 hours straight.

Family purchased tickets:

  • play all sorts of games made by our carpentry dads (plinko, strong man, skeet ball, race cars)
  • food (hot dogs, chips, ice tea, lemonade, cotton candy) 
  • bounce house
  • 50/50 tickets
  • cake walk
Now before joining the planning team I had never heard of a cake walk, but thanks to pinterest I was clued in ;) I volunteered for more than I should have but that's what mom's do for their kids right? Here's my cake that I baked at 9pm last night, iced and decorated before heading to the school to set up at 8am today. Our sweet little friend Ava won our cake for her mom and also won the gluten free cupcakes that she made. Lucky girl got to eat a treat right away!




Here's a peek at the signs I have been creating this last week. They looked amazing laminated and hung up. I was so busy directing volunteers that I didn't get a chance to take to many photos but I know they are out there...



Fantabulous Cricut is having a Mother's Day challenge that I would love to enter this cake topper into.

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I'll be sure to get the cake walk details from you soon...
    That cake topper is simply awesome!! I love the idea!! and the smartie flowers match perfectly with the flowers on the cake topper!! Great job, my friend!! Thanks for playing at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorations you created for your school fair! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete